Ancient Wisdom for Modern Wellness
The Acupuncture Clinic is a specialized practice offering comprehensive acupuncture services for the treatment of a number of ailments. Internationally recognized as an effective form of alternative treatment, acupuncture involves restoring the body’s balance of energy (Qi) and is especially effective in relieving symptoms associated with chronic pain.
At the Acupuncture Clinic, our experts combine traditional Chinese Medicine with modern Western biomedicine to achieve best outcomes for our patients. Treatment involves the insertion of fine, sterile needles into specific sites (acupuncture points) along the body’s meridians. Other available treatment methods related to traditional Chinese medicine include moxibustion, cupping, electro-stimulation and massages.
The disorders below which appear in bold have been recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO) as having been successfully treated by acupuncture. The disorders which do not appear in bold are other common disorders which have been found to respond well to acupuncture:
Treatable Diseases and Conditions
- Neurological conditions such as headaches, migraines, difficulty sleeping, nervous tension, stroke, some forms of deafness, facial and inter-costal neuralgia, trigeminal neuralgia, some forms of paralysis, sequelae of poliomyelitis, peripheral neuropathy, noises in the ears, dizziness, and Meniere’s disease.
- Respiratory conditions such as bronchial asthma, acute and chronic bronchitis, acute tonsillitis, rhinitis, sinusitis, hay fever, chronic cough, laryngitis, sore throat, influenza and the common cold.
- Urogenital disorders such as cystitis, prostitutes, orchitis, low sexual vitality,
urinary retention, kidney disorders, nocturnal enuresis, and neurogenic
- Eye conditions such as visual disorders, red, sore, itchy or watery
eyes, conjunctivitis, simple cataracts, myopia in children, and central
- Sporting injuries such as sprained ankles and knees, cartilage problems, corking and tearing of muscles, torn ligaments and bruises.
- Gynecological and obstetric disorders such as premenstrual tension, painful, heavy or irregular, or the absence of periods, abnormal uterine bleeding or discharge, hormonal disturbances, disorders associated with menopause, prolapse of the uterus or bladder, difficulty with conception, and morning sickness.
- Skin conditions such as eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis, nerve rash, herpes
zoster, acne, scar tissue and resultant adhesions, hair loss and dandruff.
- Musculoskeletal disorders such as osteoarthritis, sciatica, lumbago, weak back, low back pain, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, tenosynovitis, shoulder and neck pain, cervicobrachial syndrome, ‘frozen shoulder’, and ‘tennis elbow’.
- Psychological conditions such as depression, phobias, emotional
disturbances, anxiety, nervousness and addictions such as smoking.
Specialist Medical Services - Fire Dragon Acupuncture
The Fire Dragon Method is a specialized form of acupuncture effective in the treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, one of the most common diseases in men aged 50 years and above. The condition causes the prostate gland to enlarge resulting in the compression of the urethra and obstruction of urine flow. Symptoms may include:
●Difficulty initiating urination (interruptions, weak flow)
●Feeling of persistent need to urinate regardless of frequency
●The need to strain in order to fully urinate
●Small amounts of urine due to poor urinary stream
The Fire Dragon Method is a unique, effective and safe treatment based on traditional Chinese medicine theory and has been practiced for centuries with a high margin of success. This method applies heat to the skin on specific points relevant to the prostate gland. Expected outcomes include improved blood circulation, eliminate excess pathogens, andget rid of any obstructions. Furthermore, another potential benefit is the strengthening of the kidney and reproductive systems. The goal is to restore the body’s balance based on the Yin and Yang equilibrium for patient health and wellness.
What to expect?
To ensure best results, patients are recommended to undergo the procedure once a day for 10 sessions. During each visit, patients will be asked to lie down on his/her back or front as required. In the first session, your doctor will measure the size of the prostate gland by ultrasound. This data will then be used in conjunction with traditional Chinese medicine theory to form an informed diagnosis before creating a treatment plan.
Generally, symptoms of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia will begin to subside after the fifth treatment session. After a full cycle of sessions the patient’s prostate gland will be examined again to determine effectiveness of treatment.